Sunday, January 1, 2012

Two Years

Dan and I have now been on "this side of the puddle" for two years. As always, it is amazing how fast time has flown by. Yet, I miss the States, I miss my family, friends and I miss good food. I think the last item is a throw back to a fateful night in San Diego when I ate German food and then proceeded to be ill the rest of the night. I just never recovered and although I eat the local food here, I haven't gotten back to loving it like I once did. Two years is a long time, or feels like a long time, to stay away from ones home Country. We get to return for a visit in five days and I am so excited I can't sleep. It is a good way to start a New Year and even better way to start the beginning of our last year here. We can come back refreshed and ready to enjoy all that Germany and Europe have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment