Thursday, July 8, 2010

Aches

So it seems that the German bakeries are finally catching up with me. Although I am happy to have made it six months before having to face this reality. Not having a full length mirror may have helped prolong the realization that an intervention was imminent. Yesterday I decided it was time and finally gave into my friend who has been begging me to accompany her to spin. I have spent a great deal, well ok, a moderate amount of effort avoiding spin the last ten years. I remember my first encounter, walking by a room with a funny, stuffy smell and a loud annoying lady trying to be heard over what could only be classified as the bad version of techno, telling people to stand, sit, sprint or hover. All the while sweat pouring and legs flying... around and around and around. After the shock of what I had just witnessed wore off, I scuddled away hoping to never encounter such a sight again. Like most things i wish to avoid in life, it did not go away and over the years i have had to say no to many friends crazy enough to think it would be a great idea to go. I hardly like biking in the great outdoors with wonderful smells, gentle breezes and beautiful scenery. Why would i bike to go nowhere while still being yelled at to speed up. Now that the time has come and I have given in I still believe my previous held beliefs are true, pure agony! Yet, I am sure I will return. Of course that will be after I am able to sit and stand again without some outside help. The lesson really is... stay away from German bakeries so that you do not have to take such drastic measures in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment