Thursday, July 29, 2010

Schedules

I am learning quickly that scheduling is hugely important in life. I have always been a spontaneous person in that when I get an idea, I immediately want to carry out whatever that idea is. Sadly I have never been good at waiting or the whole "patience" concept in general. But now I am finding that if I wait till the last minute for an idea to pop into my head, there is no one around to actually carry out the idea with. I can't look at a picture of Spain and think "oh, lets go this weekend", I have to think "hmmm, maybe if all the details come together and I can request a four day in two months and Dan can switch with someone to get four days, we could possibly go". I think this concept will take a little getting used to. I keep getting told that I need to put in my planned leave on the schedule book because only 10% of staff can be on leave at any one time. I keep thinking how in the world do I know when I want to take leave next year, I can't think that far ahead. What if I put down leave for June and then I find out something much more fun and exciting is going to happen in July, and I am already committed to June. I am realizing that my lack of patience also may be mixed with my commitment phobia self. It's crazy that such a silly thing like schedules can bring out the weakness in my psych. Who knows maybe in three years I will be an organized super planner. That is what is fun about life, it constantly changes who you think you are. So when I get bored of sitting at home alone because I failed to plan far enough in advance to actually have others around to travel and enjoy time with, I will learn to be diligent and look ahead at the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment